Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Kitchen is Done, Man

My title is a sad reference to a line from the movie Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead. Anywho, my kitchen is finally done and I am in LOVE. My kitchen was sad and ugly before but now it's so beautiful. My husband and I keep saying we feel like we broke into someone else's house and are using their kitchen. I can't even use it comfortably as I am not ready to break it in "Sabreena Style". I am not one to do dishes immediately after a meal, they will usually sit for a few hours if not overnight but now I feel like I have to do them or ruin the new sink. Though I love this kitchen this new urge to keep it nice is really cramping my half-ass housekeeping style I have worked so hard to perfect. I am sure this temporary OCD will wear off and I will get back to the lazy old me but for now I will slack off in other departments like laundry or dusting to make up for the extra work I am doing in the food containment area of our house.

Here are some pictures of the new kitchen:

If you'd like to see what the kitchen looked like during the loooooong construction check out my post A Break from the Monotony.

10 comments:

Karen said...

It's gorgeous!

I SO want a double-door fridge with a bottom freezer. I love that.

Sabreena said...

Thank you Karen! I thought it would be a pain to have the drawer at first but it actually gives more storage and organization. o glad the project is done.

Tina said...

wow, it came out awesome!!
i am sure it now was worth the mess and last penny spent... it looks great.
ENJOY

Holly Noelle @ Domestic Dork said...

OMG! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!! Wow! It's really fantastic! Congrats on being DONE!

Sabreena said...

It was all worth the mess but it drove me crazy. I will not be eating fast food for a very long time which is very disconcerting to my children. Now I just have to get used to it as it is the nicest kitchen I have ever owned.

thatgirlblogs said...

I love the cigarettes on the counter. I mean, the counter...

Sabreena said...

LOL! Yeah, the cigarettes add that white trash ghetto fabulous vibe that was missing when the kitchen was finished. If I showed you a pic from today the cigarettes wold be there. We are nicotene fiends.

connieemeraldeyes said...

We are re-doing our kitchen. We have one wall left, the stove and cabinets. My husband re-did it all. He put in this huge pantry and island. I miss a stove. We are going to get a gas stove with a convection oven. I use an electric skillet and a toaster oven. Your kitchen looks great. Love the floor.

Ken said...

that is a pretty swank kitchen, if i do say so myself...

Lisa Anne said...

It looks so good. I'm loving the floor!!!! I can't wait to do ours!

Post a Comment

Don't hold back; I prefer the truth

Related Posts with Thumbnails